Sunday 18 November 2018

Sunday Morning Meditation


Have you ever opened your mouth and said the wrong thing? Or given too much information for the situation at hand? I have, in fact, I do it a lot. Oh, if only I would think before I speak!

Yesterday this happened to me, and I felt low for hours, with a gloomy cloud of condemnation hanging over my head.
Finally, I had a talk with the Lord, and told him I didn't know what to do about this tendency of mine. No immediate answers were forthcoming as I walked down the cactus lined path behind our travel trailer. All that came to mind was God saying:

Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

This morning I was walking to the dumpster, past the rocks lining the sidewalk to the parking lot, when I spied a little bird hopping from the curb onto the rocks. My iPhone happened to be in position in my hand, with the zoom in place, so I starting snapping pictures as the bird hopped from rock to rock.






I wonder if that's a Rock Wren, I thought.

Terry checked his bird book, and affirmed, that indeed, it was. The funny thing was,
yesterday we were at Agua Caliente park on the other side of Tucson.
“What birds have been sighted here today?” asked Terry.
“Well, early this morning the guys saw a Rock Wren by the pond.”
That sounded exciting. That particular bird wasn't yet on our List for this year. But it was nearly noon, and we never saw it.

Seeing the Rock Wren today while I wasn't looking was part of an answer to my prayer. That doesn't really have anything to do with my wayward tongue, but it shows that my heavenly Father delights to bless me with an unexpected appearance of the very bird we wanted to see, despite my lack of righteous actions. His love and care for me never change. He will listen as long as I keep sharing what's on my heart to Him.

1. I love the Lord because he hears my voice
and my prayer for mercy.
2. Because he bends down to listen,
I will pray as long as I have breath!      Psalm.116:1-2

Clue: Look in the lower half, middle








This photo is like a puzzle. Can you see the Rock Wren? [zoom makes it very fuzzy]

No comments:

Post a Comment